I've got a problem with the PDF export out of indd (print pdf). Some of my placed textframes (indd) seems to have another y-position in the exported pdf (have a look at the attached jpgs).
The weekdays in the examples below (in Januar) are a bit too low in the pdf-file...
If I print into a ps-file and convert this with Distiller (same joboptions used as indd-pdf-export), then the result is perfect.
Does anybody have an explanation and even better a solution?
Have you experimented with the possibility that the file has a minor corruption? A test would be to export out to IDML, then re-open the IDML as a fresh, clean INDD document. Test to see if the same problem still exists after that.
I've done the workaround with saving as idml-file. Also I tried creating a new indd-file and copying the objects.
The problem remains the same...
I work with InDesign since version 1.5 and never had such a problem. The most crazy thing is that printing into a ps-file and then distillering into pdf has a perfect result. Therefore I think it’s the pdf-export causing the fault...
(Since 1.5.2 you had no troubles!) Which PDF export are you exporting to? What about PDFx4?
thanks for your answers. I use a self-defined pdf export > based on [PDF/X-3:2002]. I will try some exports with different settings next weeks.
Moved frames after PDF Export.
that reminds of a long-standing bug I've already seen with InDesign CS6 or CS5, I think.
And the workaround actually was to print to PostScript and distill a PDF from that.
Hm. Maybe you could achieve the same when exporting to PDF/X-1a, but I'm not sure.
( ACP )
thanks for your answer.
The workaround with PostScript and Distiller worked well > that’s the way I generated the PDF for print 🙂
I hope I find the time to do a little research on that bug.
It's been a couple of years that this one was discussed in the old, Jive-driven, Adobe InDesign Forum.
With the new forum not all threads from the old forum were transferred…
I would write a bug report. Make your point very clear. Place an exported PDF page on top of your layout page, set the transparency of the placed PDF to about 50% so one can see the difference in PDF rendering clearly. Provide a link to your sample files. Post the bug report at InDesign User Voice:
When done, please come back and post the link to the report so that everyone reading this here can vote for fixing the issue.
( ACP )