Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export png color issues

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am quite new to indesign so I am hoping someone would be kind and help me out with a little I am struggling with.

I have been send an indesign file that I need to export elements from suchs as background, logo, text and such so that I can animate it in google web designer. But when I try to export it as png the color changes and becomes less vibrant and looses some depth. Does anyone know how to keep the original colors? I've shared some screen dumps.

Thanks so much / G

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Your Assign Profiles capture is showing the RGB assignment as AdobeRGB, so AdobeRGB is being used to color manage the document’s RGB colors—it overrides the sRGB profile you have set as the Working RGB space in Color Settings.

You could assign sRGB, but that will dull the document colors:

Screen Shot 26.pngScreen Shot 27.png

If the background blue and text are built in InDesign, you can use Edit>Convert to Profile and convert the document colors to sRGB and that will maintain the more saturated color appearance.

Alternativ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the colour model and profile of your original data? Do you know that the output should be sRGB?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign doesn't embed color profiles in .png files, so even though you assigned Adobe profile to it, your exported .png has no record of that, but the exported .png will have converted colors. (If you export JPEGs you will have the option to embed the Adobe Profile)

In any case, since you are working for the web anyway, I would leave the Profile assigned to current working space of sRGB, since that is the way you've been viewing your file currently according to your CMS settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Assign Profiles capture is showing the RGB assignment as AdobeRGB, so AdobeRGB is being used to color manage the document’s RGB colors—it overrides the sRGB profile you have set as the Working RGB space in Color Settings.

You could assign sRGB, but that will dull the document colors:

Screen Shot 26.pngScreen Shot 27.png

If the background blue and text are built in InDesign, you can use Edit>Convert to Profile and convert the document colors to sRGB and that will maintain the more saturated color appearance.

Alternatively, in Photoshop you can assign AdobeRGB to the exported untagged PNG (Edit>Assign Profile), which will match the InDesign color appearance, followed by a Convert to Profile to sRGB:

Screen Shot 28.pngScreen Shot 29.png

Also, for web work set your InDesign Transparency Blend Space to RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines