• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export settings missing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly the settings for the export are missing, the file is exported directly without settings. How do I get the settings window again?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

I shut down the pc for the second time and waited a while, now it works again. Thanks for the tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean: File > Export and then you select the format you want from the Format drop-down menu?

(If so, which part of this process is missing?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see export ...

export as missing completely.

I can not make any settings,
it exports directly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Export As" is a Photoshop process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the format drop-down menu is not appearing you may have an application corruption.

Try resetting your InDesign preferences back to the factory defaults:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing works,
the key combination does not open any windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you choose File > Export are you choosing Adobe PDF (Print) or Adobe PDF (Interactive) from the Format menu at the bottom? I'm guessing you inadvertently changed the intent to Interactive.

~Barb 

export.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you reset your preferences, will you share a screen shot of your File menu? 

And if you decide you need to reset preferences—I'm not convinced yet—see this post: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/. The timing on the keyboard technique is critical.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (222).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it then exports directly without me being able to adjust anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut down the pc for the second time and waited a while, now it works again. Thanks for the tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the two export commands are still in the File menu. Will you now show us what happens when you click on Exportieren? If a dialog box opens, please share the screen shot.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas:

I've learned on the forums that a lot of people never shut down their computers. I make an effort to shut mine down at least once a week, and always before I start teaching a class. That's an early line of defense when things start acting odd. 

Derek's suggestion of resetting preferences is another good one, when only InDesign is misbehaving. The issue is that it will reset all of your various preferences, so if you don't need to, it's better not to.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem as Thomas. I have reset prefs and closed but the export menu in CS6 which has been working for years has inexplicably vanished.  Did anyone manage to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines