• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to pdf removed some text and some images

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a 360 pages book and, from time to time, I exported some pdf's so the client could review them. Everything looked normal.

When everything was reviewed, corrected, finalizes, I exported a PDF to send to the printer, aparently nothing went wrong in this action (I didn't do a proper review, neither my client, shame, shame) and I sent it to print.
Two days ago, my client just called saying the last page was blank. The image and two text boxes were gone. I went back to the InDesign file and everything looks ok, as well as all the pdf's sent to review. However the last page of the final PDF is completly blank, only with crop marks.

Today I noticed that in page 260 (from 360), the text box disappeared but the image was still there.

What happened?? What when wrong??

I work in InDesign since ever (I Hated QuarkXPress!) and I never had such a problem. Sometimes exporting pdf's don't work but I receive an error message or the pdf has zero k; this... I don't know. 
Help.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let us know what happens if you export the problem pages as single pages? If they export successfully, you can easily merge with the rest of your PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already exported single pages, all the pages, in all different ways and that problem just happened once. 

My question is: why?? What makes a program to elliminate random images, random text boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the background processing of the PDF on an under-powered computer or it came across a problem (partially corrupt) graphic or font that messed everything up from that point on.

You can google how to turn off the background processing, disable it, and then see if the output goes smoothly.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you but I'm now convinced it was just bad luck - something I would never associate to Adobe products...
I'm working in a 2019 iMac, i9, SSD with plenty of RAM. Fonts used are from Adobe cloud.

If it was some corrupted graphic it must have healed itself because now I'm not having any problem exporting PDF's from the same file.

It was a methodological problem: no time to lose, the book had to go to the printer, I trusted this export to pdf, I did not review it (neither did my client) but now, obviously, I feel responsable for the damage caused to my client. I'm a graphic designer for 30 years now and still learning: trust nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines