• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported InDesign image is bigger than expected

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an image in InDesign with dimensions of 833 x 708 px. However, when I export it as a JPEG, the dimensions of the image are 3471 x 2950 px. Does anyone know why this might be occurring?

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 9.29.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-05 at 9.30.48 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Guide , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

How is your resolution set?

ss.png

I don't use this feature, but it looks like if you set your document to a certain pixel size, it will export a jpeg of the same size if you use 72ppi. Larger resolutions will make larger jpegs. But then, I could be wrong about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Looks like you exported your JPEG at 300 dpi. In order to match the dimensions of your document, you want to export at screen resolution, i.e. 72 dpi.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

If you set your Ruler Units to Inches, it is easier to see how the JPEG Export Resolution affects the export pixel dimensions.

With Ruler Units set as Inches your selected object’s output dimensions are 11.5694" x 9.8333". 

11.5694"*300ppi = 3,470.82px

Screen Shot 16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

You just need to change the image resolution in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your resolution set?

ss.png

I don't use this feature, but it looks like if you set your document to a certain pixel size, it will export a jpeg of the same size if you use 72ppi. Larger resolutions will make larger jpegs. But then, I could be wrong about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you exported your JPEG at 300 dpi. In order to match the dimensions of your document, you want to export at screen resolution, i.e. 72 dpi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set your Ruler Units to Inches, it is easier to see how the JPEG Export Resolution affects the export pixel dimensions.

With Ruler Units set as Inches your selected object’s output dimensions are 11.5694" x 9.8333". 

11.5694"*300ppi = 3,470.82px

Screen Shot 16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to change the image resolution in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or set the Export Resolution to 72ppi—11.5694*72 = 833px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines