Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported PDF file is empty

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm in urgent need of help. I have asked numerous people incl. so called InDesign experts but even they can't help me.

I have created a file in InDesign for a flyer/brochure based on a template I bought online.

I tried to export the file as a PDF for printing numerous times now, but each time the exported PDF file is EMPTY.

I have already tried changing the settings of the pages, however even then the export is empty.

I really don't know what I should do...

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

You can check a couple of places within the file. First double-click on each layer in the layers panel (Window>Layers) and make sure that "Print Layer" is checked for each layer. Then you can also check the Attributes Panel (Window>Output>Attributes). To use that panel select all items on the page and make sure that "Nonprinting" is unchecked in that panel.

PRINT LAYER.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check a couple of places within the file. First double-click on each layer in the layers panel (Window>Layers) and make sure that "Print Layer" is checked for each layer. Then you can also check the Attributes Panel (Window>Output>Attributes). To use that panel select all items on the page and make sure that "Nonprinting" is unchecked in that panel.

PRINT LAYER.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jess,

What happens when you try to print to a printer? The same thing, or does that work?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Bill!!! That's exactly what I had to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, I am having the exact same issue however your solution didnt work for me. There are no existing errors on the files and all layers and attributes are the same as your posting... wondering why the pdf still comes out blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jorja5EE7, I was having the same problem (which is how I ended up here) until I discovered I was trying to open up the PDF file before Indesign had actually finished exporting it. I have an older Mac so it was taking a little time to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorja5EE7,

would you see contents on your document pages if you switch the view to Preview with Overprint Preview enabled?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines