Highlighted

Exported PDF Page Information Being Cut-Off Cut-Off

Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when I create printable PDFs with InDesign CC v15.1.2, the page information that InDesign places outside of the trim area is often cut-off, especially on smaller jobs. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. There seems to be an adequate amount of space for this information. Please see the included image.

Is this a setting or a bug?

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 7.38.18 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi kcrossley,

I would uncheck this option.

Instead, I would create a custom sized slug area with Document Setup and provide the information with InDesign text variables. Name of the document, date and page number should be no problem.

Don't know what you expect additionally in the slug.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exported PDF Page Information Being Cut-Off Cut-Off

Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when I create printable PDFs with InDesign CC v15.1.2, the page information that InDesign places outside of the trim area is often cut-off, especially on smaller jobs. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. There seems to be an adequate amount of space for this information. Please see the included image.

Is this a setting or a bug?

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 7.38.18 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi kcrossley,

Instead, I would create a custom sized slug area with Document Setup and provide the information with InDesign text variables. Name of the document, date and page number should be no problem.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increase the size of the bleed and see if that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Bob. I increased it to a ridiculous 1/2" and it didn't make a difference. Hopefully, somebody from Adobe will see this thread and chime in because it's really annoying. Plus, it makes me look unprofessional whenever I send a file to my printer or a client. 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any other ideas? How do I contact Adobe to report a bug or find out if they can help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kcrossley,

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you create the PDF? Via export or via print?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe PDF Presets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I shouldn't have to do any additional work to add job information to the artwork. This is already built-in to InDesign. Adobe just needs to implement it properly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0