Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a newsletter to html

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a newsletter on InDesign and I would like to export it to an html format so I can send it in an email, but when I export it to html, the images and text are all over the place, and not at all in the order and place where I put them on InDesign. Can you tell me what I can do to get the same design on htm as in my InDesign software?

Thanks in advance,

SR

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Even in5 is going to be a crapshoot for this. I'll second Constant Contact or Mail Chimp. They'll both do what you want without the headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look into the IN5 product frim Ajar Productions:

Products > in5 - Ajar Productionsajarproductions.com › pages › products › in5

However email blasts are another critter. Because of the bizarre, antiquated version of HTML used by email applications. you need to use a program dedicated to creating emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IN5 can't do this.

the HTML used in html newsletters is a totally different kind of HTML.

1. All in5 does is slice everything in to images, it does not work with tables. Only HTML tables work for email newsletters.
  2. In5 created an external css style sheet, you can't have that with emails newsletters.
  3. Last, there are specific html tags you can use with email newsletters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Articles panel to control the order of content for HTML output from InDesign. Refer to the Adobe Help page on Articles as a starting point.

However, as Steve indicated, creating HTML emails is best done using a dedicated solution (e.g. Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even in5 is going to be a crapshoot for this. I'll second Constant Contact or Mail Chimp. They'll both do what you want without the headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines