• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a PDF with automatic date field that updates

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have generated a form from InDesign that is an interactive PDF. However, my client needs the date field to generate automatically when someone opens the PDF AND fills out the form. I have figured out how to make the date field update automatically when the PDF is opened, but that is not what I need. I need it to update the date ONLY IF someone modifies the PDF.

Can this be done from InDesign? I have also asked this question in the Acrobat forum as well.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

No, it can't be done in InDesign natively. You'd need to add a custom calculation script to the form. That would be triggered any time the value of any of the fields is modified and could update the date in the required field. But again, can't be done natively in InDesign.

It could be done in InDesign with FormMaker, which is only free for short 1-page max, 10-field max forms: https://www.id-extras.com/products/formmaker/

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it can't be done in InDesign natively. You'd need to add a custom calculation script to the form. That would be triggered any time the value of any of the fields is modified and could update the date in the required field. But again, can't be done natively in InDesign.

It could be done in InDesign with FormMaker, which is only free for short 1-page max, 10-field max forms: https://www.id-extras.com/products/formmaker/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines