• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting different pdf files out of one indesign

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I have two questions regarding PDF-Exports.

• First example: I have an 6 paged Indesign file and I want to export every two pages as one PDF file at once. (e.g. 1+2, 3+4, 5+6 = 3 PDF files á 2 pages). Is there any way I can do this? 
  • Second example: I have an 6 paged Indesign file and want to export each page singularly at once. Is there any possibility to place a text in an invisible textbox on each page in Indesign which defines the file name for this page when I export it?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

You can export certain pages e.g. 3 and 4 or another way might be to export them as individual PDF pages which wouldd suit the six pages, or you might be able to reassemble those you want put together in Acrobat Pro.

PDF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

To create the invisible markers, put the text in the slug, with the edge of the text box touching the page. Set it in a unique paragraph and set a TOC based on that style. With this done, export the whole thing to PDF. Open the PDF in Acrobat, and split pages based on bookmarks, using bookmark names to name pages.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export certain pages e.g. 3 and 4 or another way might be to export them as individual PDF pages which wouldd suit the six pages, or you might be able to reassemble those you want put together in Acrobat Pro.

PDF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. My Plan B would be a combination of your options: I'll export separate PDF files and reassemble them in Acrobat Pro as you suggested. Anyway I hoped there could be an easier and faster way due to the reason, that i simplified the first example – in reality it's a 120 paged InDesign File and in the end I need 60 two paged PDFs out of this file. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create the invisible markers, put the text in the slug, with the edge of the text box touching the page. Set it in a unique paragraph and set a TOC based on that style. With this done, export the whole thing to PDF. Open the PDF in Acrobat, and split pages based on bookmarks, using bookmark names to name pages.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer! Sounds good – we're gonna try this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines