• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting failed because of background tasks

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been exporting all day. However, within the last hour, I've been unable to export a pdf. I've reviewed some of the feeds saying save as IDML but no luck. All links are accounted for but I get an alert for it 

Any idea of what is going on?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

I was able to figure it out. one image that's faded in the doc was missing in one file and not allowing any exports. 

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried cancelling the background tasks?

If not, please try doing under Window > Utilities > Background Tasks.

You may also try exporting one half of your pages to PDF. If that does not fail, try the other half. In case you get a problem, narrow down the page range. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document is only 2 pages. I'm able to export the first page but not the 2nd page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to provide assistance? 

It says I have links that can't be accounted for but the links do not show a warning. I even swapped out some photos to help with this. I'm stuck and in desperate need to get these files exported. 

I can't even package the documents 

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 8.48.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images stored on a network/server that you may not have write access to? If local, I'd also check permission settings for InDesign application if you are on a Mac. The bottom of this thread may prove useful:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-export-error-message/td-p/10824268?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to figure it out. one image that's faded in the doc was missing in one file and not allowing any exports. 

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having problems exporting to PDF with all InDesign files or just a single specific file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines