• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting for Unknown Platforms?

Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just exported an interactive PDF, but the video that I placed in it won't play, even after clicking it. I exited fullscreen, and Acrobat DC had a warning going off, telling me that I needed to have the latest version of Flash player. Is there a good way to export an interactive PDF so that when I send this PDF to people, they won't also have to install Flash? Based on the nature of the document and the companies I'm sending it to, they are getting thousands of other PDFs, and they aren't going to take the time to look at mine if they have to download stuff. 😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump...I really could use help with this soon, if it's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no good way to include video or other advanced interactivity in PDF.

I wrote this two years ago. Nothing has changed.

http://boblevine.us/its-okay-to-say-no-to-interactive-pdf/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not open your interactive PDF in InDesign and click the Publish Online button? So simple, and it's free.

That way you can just send your clients a link to your unique URL. There they can view the interactive document (plays video and sound without needing Flash), and download a static version if they want. You can even include animations, slide shows, scrolling text in frames (with a free plugin from ajarproductions.com) ... and easily update it from your File > Publish Online dashboard.

Check out some of the examples here:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/c2c7aa96-405e-488f-8902-e1d96c1bea4f

Just saw this one, not yet added to the Publish Online gallery, it's really nice:
https://indd.adobe.com/view/3684ee97-f561-4e66-a106-602c97a72467

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason this doesn't work is that it only supports up to a certain size. Mine has 5 videos in it, and the publish online feature cannot handle that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines