• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Indesign Document

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved my document but when I go to export it to a PDF it appears blank. It opens the Adobe Acrobat it shows the background colour of the document for a second but then goes blank. I believe the document is still there but I can't see anything? Any ideas what my problem might be?

Thanks in Advance...

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Very simple: go on your master page, select all, cut. Then go on page 1, paste in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have content on layers that are designated "non-printing"?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does the PDF look when you open it in a browser or other PDF viewer?

Under your Acrobat preferences> Page Display> Show large images should be checked on, and Use Overprint Preview should be set to Always. If there is a white object on the top layer set to overprint, you might not see it in InDesign, but it would appear in Acrobat, hiding your document, (unless the Acrobat view overprint preference is set to Always). If the layer was turned off in InDesign but you had selected "All layers" upon export to PDF, that would also hide your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

I changed the acrobat preferences but the image doesn't appear. I believe it is an InDesign problem as I can't open the document in other PDF views and it appears blank as a JEG as well. I attached a screenshot of my layers. Please let me know if this is the problem. Layers screenshot.PNG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any missing links showing in your Links pallet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just the two I used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing your screenshot, it appears that the links are on page A, which indicates that your layout could be entirely on a master page. Are you sure that the current document pages are not based on another (empty) master page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is the problem, I have attached a screenshot and was wondering if you knew what I can do to fix it. 

Thanks!

pages Error.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very simple: go on your master page, select all, cut. Then go on page 1, paste in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines