• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting InDesign Interactive fillable forms as PDFs. then CANT SEE and fill fields in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to create fillable forms in InDesign CC, using text boxes with the interactive panel. I know how to export them as interactive files, to be viewed in Acrobat.  My issue is with Acrobat DC, when I open the ineractive PDFs, they no longer display the light blue "highlighted" fillable field, signaling to the viewer to start typing.  AND the interactive fields I created in InDesign don't display in Acrobat DC, or provide a cursor or an indcatin to "type in your answer" in the specified field.    Acrobat wants to "Prepare Form,", but I have ALREADY created form fields in InDsesign, specifying tha font attributes etc.  Clearly Adobe has changed the Acrobat software, but can I get Acrobat DC to "see and display" the visable fillable fields??
HELP! 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

When you export the PDF from InDesign, make sure to export it as an "Interactive PDF", not just a plain PDF.

If you are still not seeing the form fields, there is an option in Acrobat preferences to turn on form field highighting (that blue background). But some user may have that option turned off anyway, so you should design the forms so that fields are visible without relying on the blue highlighting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you export the PDF from InDesign, make sure to export it as an "Interactive PDF", not just a plain PDF.

If you are still not seeing the form fields, there is an option in Acrobat preferences to turn on form field highighting (that blue background). But some user may have that option turned off anyway, so you should design the forms so that fields are visible without relying on the blue highlighting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines