Exporting Interactive PDF and missing text even though the preview shows it correctly

Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm have serious trouble exporting this interactive PDF - it's my first one and I'm fairly new at InDesign so bear with me. 

When I preview this document on the EPUB preview, it shows up correclty (pictured below) but when exported to as an interactive PDF, I lose the title text and the grey transparent tiles behind it. Can anyone help me with this?!

Thanks

2.PNG

1.PNG

  

  

As I already  said above: interactive stuff, so also Buttons(!) and actions on that will NOT work in a iPDF... Forms will (granted, they are there under Buttons together), hyperlinks will, mp4 and mp3 will.

EDIT: let me correct myself: you can see which 'actions; will work (only) in PDF, or ePub, from the popupmenu of the actions you can choose. So everything not listed under PDF will not work.

(Reading back I see that I may have been to quick to dismiss what you wanted as it was a Roll Over problem, sorry.)

1467056_InDesign CC165.png

TOPICS
EPUB, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting Interactive PDF and missing text even though the preview shows it correctly

Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm have serious trouble exporting this interactive PDF - it's my first one and I'm fairly new at InDesign so bear with me. 

When I preview this document on the EPUB preview, it shows up correclty (pictured below) but when exported to as an interactive PDF, I lose the title text and the grey transparent tiles behind it. Can anyone help me with this?!

Thanks

2.PNG

1.PNG

  

  

As I already  said above: interactive stuff, so also Buttons(!) and actions on that will NOT work in a iPDF... Forms will (granted, they are there under Buttons together), hyperlinks will, mp4 and mp3 will.

EDIT: let me correct myself: you can see which 'actions; will work (only) in PDF, or ePub, from the popupmenu of the actions you can choose. So everything not listed under PDF will not work.

(Reading back I see that I may have been to quick to dismiss what you wanted as it was a Roll Over problem, sorry.)

TOPICS
EPUB, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application are you using to view PDF?

The Epub preview is for epub, not a verification tool for a PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you yourself already say: EPUB preview, not  iPDF.  Except for hyperlinks, mp4 video and mp3 audio (latest update of Acrobat) nothing 'interactive' works in PDF. So no animation, fades etc. Export to FXL (fixed) ePub or use Publish online.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the only "interactive" elements to this page is a hyperlink and a rollover picture and those two things work in the PDF. The only issue I'm having is that the title blocks aren't appearing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the InDesign file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure - I just attached it to the original post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the white set to overprint? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has something to do with the button states. If I remove the Button the text exports:

Screen Shot 19.pngScreen Shot 20.pngScreen Shot 21.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the normal state of the button to display the text and don't use rollovers anymore. They don't work on mobile devices.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0