• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Interactive PDF makes form fields way bigger than I intended

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an interactive PDF for the first time.  I have an index at the beginning of my document, and I've set up some buttons to jump to certain pages.

When I export the interactive PDF to test it out, the button fields are HUMONGOUS!  Way bigger than I designed them to be.

I can't find any tutorials on why this might be, or how to fix it.  I've attached two screen shots: What the layout looks like in InDesign, and how big the button fields are once exported.

Can anyone help me figure this out???  I need the button form fields to be the same size as I've designed them.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Interesting - when i use your document it does the same. But if i create my own box with text in it then it works perfectly. How did you create the boxes with the text in them ?  Attached is my version of your Indesign file which you can see works.  I would recommend recreating the buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the indesign file so i can take a look for you ? it might be the size of the font being used in the button settings.

Happy to look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure!  Thanks for your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - when i use your document it does the same. But if i create my own box with text in it then it works perfectly. How did you create the boxes with the text in them ?  Attached is my version of your Indesign file which you can see works.  I would recommend recreating the buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm... I'll give it a try and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be the font I'm using, Cambria.  I tried it with a standard font, Arial, and it works normally like it should.  What font did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it was def the font.  All other fonts seem to work perfectly.

Thanks for your help @Ian Sayers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted, happy to help if you need it going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines