• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Interactive PDF with InDesign CC, colours dulled.

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working a PDF intended to be viewed as an interactive PDF.
Colour values remain exactly the same, but a version of the document I exported last year has brighter colours than when I export it now.. I have opened the old version of the file in InDesign and I cannot find any differences.
The client expects that the exported document have those original brighter colours.
Please advise, or ask if the issue I am explaining is unclear?

The image to the left was exported in Dec 2020 and the image to the right was exported May 2021..
In Indesign the colour values are exactly the same for both versions of this design.. Both were exported as Interactive PDF's. Please advise?
Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 13.01.47.pngScreenshot 2021-05-27 at 13.01.53.png

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Sorry, you wrote "Interactive PDF's". Please check your settings in Edit --> Color Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your export options in Export Adobe PDF --> Output --> Color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you wrote "Interactive PDF's". Please check your settings in Edit --> Color Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for responding so quickly.

Currently with 'Color settings' tab opened, 'Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off' is selected Settings drop down menu.

Is this correct? I have never changed anything here as far as I can recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fiddled around with settings and managed to get it looking right!
Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What changes did you make in the settings? I'm encountering the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently with 'Color settings' tab opened, 'Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off' is selected Settings drop down menu.

Hi @Hunter5CC3 , Make sure your Color Settings are not set to Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS off. That’s what was causing @SBasler ’s problem. Also all color in an Exported Interactive PDF is converted to sRGB. If you need a conversion with no color shifts, set your document’s RGB Profile assignment to sRGB (Edit>Assign Profiles... not Color Settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More importantly, what kind of interactivity do you have in your PDF? There have been major changes in the features available recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines