• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting issue caused by font that's not in use?

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I was trying to export my indesign file to PDF, I got a warning saying that due to licensing issue, one of the fonts (a Chinese font, ST Fangsongļ¼‰ can't be embedded. I then replaced the font with font Kai. So there's no ST Fangsong in my file anymore. But when I tried to export, I got exactly the same warning about the ST Fangsong font... I've tried several times, restarted inDesign, restarted the Mac, none of them worked. Can anyone help? Thank you so much! 

This happened before, but can always be solved by replacing the font in question.  Not this time. Yet the attched screenshot shows there's no ST Fangsong in my file. Please help! 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Hi Manan Joshi,  it turned out to be the paragraph style. Thank you for your prompt response! This is a great community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the document to IDML and then save it back as indd. Maybe the file has some corruption which can be resolved by doing this process

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Manan Joshi,  it turned out to be the paragraph style. Thank you for your prompt response! This is a great community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font might be used in a style. Even if you changed the font in the document the style might still refer to the font. Check your paragrph and character styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott_Falkner, thank you so much! It worked! The font did exist in paragraph style, after I replaced those, it worked like a breeze. Many thanks!

It's my first time asking help in the community. I didn't expect it works so well! Love all of you guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wenqiaol81493413,

did you enable "Redefine Style When Changing All" in dialog Find/Replace Font ?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Laubender, thank you! I never noticed this "redefine style" option before. Today when I replacing font in paragraph style I enabled it. And it worked great. Thank you and everyone else for the prompt help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This dialog box within InDesign should be rewritten/improved to identify this situation of font called for in paragraph style yet not in use.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike_Witherell thank you very much, it does look that way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines