• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Jpeg but there is nothing in file

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help, I'm trying to export jpegs files from Indesign but when I go to open the file, there is no content. However, when I do the same to my creative cloud files it works totally fine. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing the jPEGs? What program are you using? One possibility is you are exporting as CMYK but using aprogram that can’t view CMYK JPEG iamges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott, thanks for responding, I am exporting the files to my server and then opening then trying to open them up via the preview on a Mac.

I thought I could attach the file so you could see but I'm getting an error code saying its an invalid file type which is weird because I was under the impression I was exporting it as a Jpeg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the JPEG in Photoshop or place it in InDesign? Have you tried exporting from a different version of Indesign?

Personally, I prefer to export a PDF and rasterize in Photoshop when i need a JPEG or similar file of an InDesign file. But it’s very rare that I need such a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aisle6ix,

are you exporting selected items on the page or are you exporting whole pages to PDF?

In case of selected items, check if they are visible when you turned on Overprint Preview.

Could be that an item is defined as non-printable. Then your JPEG will only contain white pixels.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines