• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting PDF from INDB only creates functional cross references for first document in the book

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using INDD CC 2020. Fresh install, updated cross-references from INDB flyout menu.

Expording a PDF from an INDB will only create cross-references out of my ToC so long it links were destined for the first book in the document. The other bookmarks are made, but they effectively do nothing. Going to their Properties in the resulting PDF has all other destinations set to "Destination name: p0", which basically just sends it to the first page in the document.

These exact same files sent to another designer in my department can export without issue and with full functionality and we have the exact same export settings. As I mentioned before, a fresh install did nothing. 

INDD_Support.jpg

INDD_Support2.jpg

  

  

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

are you both working with the exact same version of InDesign? On the same operating system?

Currently the latest version of InDesign is 15.1.1.103.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we both have the same version and operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue, over a year later, by the way. Any help would be appreciated. Not every book I work on can be consolidated into one huge INDD to sidestep what is, apparently, a problem for only me and no one else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears this is the only place I've seen the same problem posted. There is no actioanble solution other than copying everything to a desktop, but this is a workaround, and not a solution.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/33307507-hyperlinks-bet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines