• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to EPUB(reflowable) cut image

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to export a epub file. but when i increase the font size, the image gets cut. is there a way to solve this problem? i want the image to be in a fixed size and not cut when i increase the size of the font. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted four pictures. Please take us through each one: how you made it, the app used to view it, and any problem you see, and where to look for the problem. Designers see their own issues very quickly, but it's hard when we're outside your process...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the images are the outcome when you increase the font size. is there a way that when i increase the font size, the image wont be cut?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reader controls the font and the font size in Reflowable ePubs. Images must be anchored to the text and they resize automatically to match the screen size.

It's important that you validate your ePub and test it on a anumber of devices and readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more information, based on the images that @nickpua2 posted, I would surmise that the reader used is the culprit: it is cutting off the image. Check the reader settings, and test in an alternative reader such as Thorium (https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/).

In Thorium the layout is adjustable to either a scrolling page or a paginated one. In Thorium's case the image is moved to the next page when it does not fit. I am unsure about the Apple reader, since I currently have no direct access to a Mac.

But we really cannot be certain wihout knowing whether the file was exported as fixed epub, reflowable, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines