• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting web banners

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I placed a hyperlink in my web banner but I'm not sure what the correct way to save the document is. I need to send it to a client but want to make sure I send them the correct file type. Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

If you export to either JPEG or PNG at 72ppi, the image pixel dimensions will match the InDesign page dimensions when the ruler units are set to pixels. It would be up to the HTML page coder to add any href links to the banner.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm aware I should be using photoshop, but I am editing a previous designers work... So unfortunately I have to use InDesign. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and indesign will both produce a .jpg web banner, but that button you made a link of will not work since it's a .jpg and you should set the whole thing up as a link in the html where this will live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the correct file is? Did you ask the client?

if you added a link I think you are thinking about giving them an html file.

this is hot you create html document from indesign

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ejp0sh2eG8

with this said indesign is not the tool for this job and you are about to have a learning experience 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked the client and they have no idea! I know, I'm completely aware that this should have been done in Photoshop, but I took on a new job and am using files that were already created with InDesign, so it would be a real pain to re-do them all. But thank you for your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you export to either JPEG or PNG at 72ppi, the image pixel dimensions will match the InDesign page dimensions when the ruler units are set to pixels. It would be up to the HTML page coder to add any href links to the banner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that if you want to produce an animated HTML banner you use Adobe Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines