Highlighted

Extra line at end of TOC

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I noticed that when generating the TOC, and extra line is always included in the TOC after the last table entry. The extra line is empty. Why is this happening and is it possible to prevent that line from appearing in the TOC?

This is for CS4.

Thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Willi Adelberger | Most Valuable Participant

This was a bug but it was repaired in a later version.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Extra line at end of TOC

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I noticed that when generating the TOC, and extra line is always included in the TOC after the last table entry. The extra line is empty. Why is this happening and is it possible to prevent that line from appearing in the TOC?

This is for CS4.

Thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Willi Adelberger | Most Valuable Participant

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have a(n empty) hard return at the end of a last paragraph that is dressed up as the ToC paragraph style?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 1
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike. Thanks for your suggestion. I looked for a corresponding paragraph style in the documents used to create the TOC but don't see anything after the last item generating a TOC entry. I did not see a hard return (you mean shift+enter?) either or an empty return.

By the way, this empty line in the TOC is of the same paragraph style (in the TOC) that is used for the last entry of the TOC. The empty line in the TOC shows after the last TOC entry and just before the "end of story" hash tag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
sPretzel LATEST
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willi for advising. It'll save me time scratching my head and looking for a mistake or an oversight in my files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0