• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper tool displaying RBG not CMYK Color

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved AI file as PDF and AI to test. File created in CMYK. When I place the file in InDesign, and use the Eyedropper tool, it displays the color of an element in RGB not CMYK. If I create a box in InDesign, and colorize it with CMYK values. The Eyedropper will display the corlor in CMYK. Any file I place and try to read the values using the Eyedropper tool shows the Color in RGB. Never had that before, untill the last two updates.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

When you place a AI or PDF, when you sample InDesign will give you a warning that says it all: colors are bases on the screen RGB representation wheter the source was RGB or CMYK Always have been the case. You can disable that warning and I guess you have. But never could you sample CMYK of placed Illustrator files, that you must remember wrong. You can copy from Illustrator and paste into InDesign instead of place, that way CMYK is maintained when sampling.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you place a AI or PDF, when you sample InDesign will give you a warning that says it all: colors are bases on the screen RGB representation wheter the source was RGB or CMYK Always have been the case. You can disable that warning and I guess you have. But never could you sample CMYK of placed Illustrator files, that you must remember wrong. You can copy from Illustrator and paste into InDesign instead of place, that way CMYK is maintained when sampling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My remembering how it was in the past could be a problem. Must get more Ginkoba. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had that before, untill the last two updates.

You can get an accurate color sample from an image file (CMYK or RGB). PDFs can have objects with different color modes in the same document, so the sample is from its RGB preview proxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines