• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facing pages advice

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm designing a 16pp A4 publication. I have selected facing pages, 3mm bleed and added a current page marker to the masters so the page number will appear bottom left and bottom right respectively.

I have a separate PDF full page advert with bleed and crop marks, which, when I paste to p3, the crop ans trim marks overflow to p2 and show when exported. If  I go back to page setup and uncheck "facing pages" this stops the ad from overflowing to the adjacent page, but the page numbers stop align alternately and are bottom right on all pages.

is there a way to stop placed items' crop and trim from overflowing to the facing page? Colour runs off so I need to have trim/crops.

many thanks

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make the Image-Box of the PDF -3mm, so the Ad does not overlap to the other side…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to place, not paste the PDF into your document.

You can place a graphic by various crop to methods including crop to bleed, but you will still need to manually crop the image frame on the inside gutter. When placing, select "Show Import Options", once PDF is selected, you will see Crop to options, select Bleed, then place.

Also please note, the crop to methods depend on whether the PDF was created with a true bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I am placing the PDF, I used the wrong word
'paste' instead of 'place'

I need the bleed on all sides as the colour runs off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will the final publication be printed and bound?

In most cases, inside bleed is unnecessary; it is only needed if the publication is done as separate pages, or some kind of spiral wire-bound setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - it will beperfect bound' using facing pages seem the way to have page numbers in left/right hand corners unless there's a way with 'Facing Pages' unchecked that I can alternately align current page marker left & right on Master Page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With Perfect-Bound, you should not need an inside bleed, as the inside edge is tucked into the binding. You can keep your InDesign Document as facing pages, and set the inside bleed to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines