• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

failed to export PDF with every file I want to export

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last week I'm getting a standard failed to export PDF error for alle iNDD files I have. it does not matter where it is located, on which drive or so. They all give the same standard error.

I tried to move the pages to a new file;

Saved it as IDML;

Cleared preferences;

Removed Creative Cloud with all of its apps and ran Adobe's Cleaner tool afterwards;

After reinstalling everything the problem still persists. Not sure what to do anymore. Laptop with similar settings does work :S. 

I did recently update hardware of my desktop though. Could that have caused this issue? 

Cheers,

Gerben

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Thanks all! Did try another user but not luck so far. Then I read Lukas his post. The only thing between the fault in Indesign and Also After Effects at the moment is...they're all on OneDrive syncing on demand. By putting the whole files out of OneDrive folder it seems to be working as intended :S

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>  alle iNDD files I have.

Please connect with Adobe support chat. This is abnormal behaviour.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm engaged with Enterprise support at the moment since After Effects is not opening AE files properly anymore either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting up a new user on the computer and see if that clears it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues! 

I talked to the support yesterday but we couldn't figure out what`s wrong. We deleted the whole Creative Cloud, tried it out with new InDesign files, new users etc. - nothing. 

I was asked to reach back on Monday and hopefully they have some answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have read write privileges. That you arenot trying to write over a locked or open file, that your file name is a reasonable amount of characters. Confirm that you can export a PDF from a simple file (new document with shape, placeholder text and placed photo) so that you can know if it is the file, or the process that is having problem. If you Package the file you can also choose to include a PDF. As a final work around you can publish online and download the PDF from the publish online (far fetched …but what we do in a pinch).

Some more information such as if you are saving to a server, shared/synced folder external driva etc. Oerating system and version of software may also be usefull.

(you mention hardware update, you may need to check drivers and also try reinstall software incase there are hardware specific parts of the software)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all! Did try another user but not luck so far. Then I read Lukas his post. The only thing between the fault in Indesign and Also After Effects at the moment is...they're all on OneDrive syncing on demand. By putting the whole files out of OneDrive folder it seems to be working as intended :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>> they're all on OneDrive syncing on demand. By putting the whole files out of OneDrive folder it seems to be working as intended :S

That's it. Cloud drives is an evil for InDesign. Ask your sysadmin to do VPN-network if you work remotely from your work net. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines