• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Conversion: InDesign 2018 to InDesign 2020. Can you convert to newer version??

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon All,

I was working on an InDesign file created in InDesign 2018. Then our systems were upgraded to InDesign 2020.

Now I can't open the 2018 file stored on my computer. Can I convert to the newer version or do I have to create a new InDesign document directly in 2020?? I want to use InDesign 2020.

Best Regards,

James D'Ambrosio

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I can't open the 2018 file stored on my computer

That is very strange, because you should be able to open files created in all versions before 2020. Do you get an error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try? As already pointed out, newer versions should be able to open files created in any older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What operating system are you using? Is this problem happening with all documents created with CC 2018 or is it just a single file? If other 2018 documents will work in 2020 then the problem would be in the file you're working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines