• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File corrupted on quicksave

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three days of work on my iD file. I need it for tomorrow, and just as I was finished for today, I tried to quick save it. The program closed itself and when I've reponed it, it said the file is corrupted. I've tried to 'repair it by the server' and it did nothing - except for making the file TWICE THE SIZE!!!

I need this file for tomorrow or I'll lose my job. Is there an Adobe employy that can help me?

I've already send the file to support email, but I'm trying to get as many chances as I can.

Plase help me.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does quick save mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JPRM:

Here are the steps to follow to repair a damaged InDesign file:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html

In that document is a link to send the file to Adobe for review: idfile@adobe.comadobe.com. This is likely where it was sent automatically, but just in case.

Finally, there is a commercial service (paid service) that can repair a damaged file: https://markzware.com/products/file-recovery-service/.

Once you get this working again, give some thought to creating incremental back-ups (choosing Save as to save the file under a new name) on a regular basis, so that you just lose a few hours and not an entire document. Also consider saving to dropbox or the creative cloud files, both of which offer history for your files—meaning you can restore a previously saved version.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've already sent the file to idfile@adobe.comadobe.com but got an auto responder they will be available on MONDAY. How is this even possible for a paid (and one of the most expensive) software? My mind cannot grasp the logic in this.

Besides - yes, I know t's good to create a copy. O do this every once in a while, but It's almost 2021. How is it possible that this software still makes files corrupted? I would seriously want to know. Maby it's time to make the save function safer for the users? The sole fact i have to think/be afraid of stuff like this is literally beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines