• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File not opening (version)

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open a file to continue working on a pop up occurs stating that the file can't be opened because it's has been created in a version... Adobe InDesign 16.0... its gives the option to convert files after update. I have gone on to update software and convert the files but this occurs about 30% into the process... "Unable to convert... the IDML file conversion service is temporarily unavailable. Try again later", this means I can't access any of my files for university lectures/seminars and not really sure what the cause is? I have tried multiple times now to see if it's a system error but same keeps happening and I'm running out of time with deadlines extra. Hope someone had a solution? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS do you have – earlier versions won't open v16. Get the v16 version saved as an IDML and you should be able to open it. There may be text reflow and font problems – hopefully it used OTF fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using an earlier version of InDesign that the creator of that file. Time to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have gone on to update software

What version did you update to, exactly, @Grace5FB2?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines