Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File save issues on network using indesign 2020

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Abode,

I try to save a InDesign file to file server and since Adobe 2020 this is not working anymore.

I make some document and choose for SAVE or SAVE AS, but when saving in INDD file

This is resulting in an error and an message the file is corrupted

error.png

But this is strange, even newly created files are getting this message.

When I save the document as IDML at the same location, its working as expected.

Saving the file as INDD upon the desktop, is not having problems at all.

So only files as Indd saved upon the server are giving errors.

Trying to save files from Photoshop or Illustrator is no problem at all…

Please help me with this case to get it fixed.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of InDesign and OS?
Also, please try saving file on local drive and then copy/move it to the network location and see if that is working.
Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for replying. We use Windows 10 and InDesign 15.0.1

The file saving on local disk is working (like I said) and copying to the network/share is working as expected as well. But only saving from InDesign isnt working. Photoshop and Illustrator don't have those problems.

We have this issue upon 4 computers, with different Adobe Accounts, so it isnt related to my account.

Would love to hear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has there been any progress with this issue? I am having the same problem.

Indesign CC 2020 15.0.1 MAC. I also have older verisons of Indd that it is occuring on the same computer.

Other people can access the same files and have no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, I think we found the problem. The affected client had an outdated bios and after the update the saving works again. That's odd.

Okay, unfortunately, that problem hasn't been solved after all. Now it's intermittent, but it's still there. After several restarts it sometimes disappears.

Even after a complete reinstallation of the Creative Cloud it is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still isn't fixed. I'm working on the latest version of iOS on Mac with the same issue. It's been several months, only an issue on inDesign. I can save initially, but I can't overwrite it when i make a change, and I can't overwrite the pdf with a new version. I save the project file and then have to just delete all the files and save again when i make a revision. It's really annoying when working on projects for clients because they ALWAYS have a change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I'm using OSX 11.5.2 with Indesign 16.3.2 on a 2020 late iMac27. Indesign files opened on a file server cannot be saved. The Indesign files are always opened as "write-protected". On the file server I see that the * .indd file is always opened twice.

I also opened the indesing files from a nas with AFP but the same problem here as well. The changes can only be saved under a different file name. If I open the Indesign file from the local hard drive or from the Creative Cloud, the changes can be saved as normal. The Indesign files should, however, be saved on a file server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here, only one Client affected. InDesign 15.0.3. - Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Mac OS X 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have tried reinstalling InDesign but still happening.

I have the 16.3 version. @Adobe any updates to resolve this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I'm running OSX 11.5.1 with Indesign 16.3.2 on a 2013 late Mac pro.  Unable to save Indesign files opened on a file server (synology DSM 6.2.3-25426), reports the file is damaged and Indesign crashes.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community

I have the same problem, I work on MAC and the server is a Windows server 2019. Here's what I can say about it, if a folder was created and this, for reasons still unexplained to me, makes a seemingly correct assignment of rights, then you can partly not save to this folder as already described several times.
If I now change the owner of the folder on the server to the domain admin, and inherit the rights of the folder again, then it is no longer a problem to write files from Indesign directly into the folder.

However, this is not a solution that I prefer, but it is not bad for bridging. It can not be that I have to change every time I create a new folder first all rights on the server.

Maybe this helps someone.

Greetings Ciril

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Developer Team,

This is the most pathetic performance I have ever experienced from a software house! This problem has existed for as long as InDesign has existed. You have already blamed it on the OS, reported it as fixed and yet this problem has been with us for many years! Are you really not able to ensure basic functionality? How pathetic is that? I have to (and should) expect from such an expensive software that at least the simplest things work - you can't work with the tool like this. EVERY decent company works on the "no local data" principle - but our employees can't comply with that with Adobe tools. It doesn't matter at all if our employees want to store on a Windows or macOS based file server: ID or PS steadfastly refuse to save properly.

FINALLY declare this an A priority and do your damn homework! ASAP! PLEASE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues... I can save to my desktop/hard drive but can't save from ID to my server. I have to save to desktop first then copy to the server. And if I accidentaly forget to save to desk top first, the file attempts to save to the server but doesnt and the file name appears but is locked and can't be opened, edited, moved, copied, nor deleted. It becomes a permanent, unusable file. HELP. This is so inefficient and has been happening for over a year now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a mac running ID 2022 and OS Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mendy
The problem still exists, with me only sporadically and no longer so frequently but what it is, which permissions are assigned how I have not yet found out.
The files are stored on the server and are also completely as stored. You can release the files as follows, go to the server to the file in the file properties on the tab security then on extended at the bottom then you can create a new owner at the top and that should be an AD administrator.
Then confirm with OK. Again on extended then deactivate the inheritance and activate again and click on apply. now the file should be visible again.

I hope I could help you a little bit. It is not a solution to the problem but a workaround.

Greetings Ciril

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, any solution? I am having the same issue - though just with SAVE AS not SAVE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I also have now this issue with Adobe InDesign. Due the lack of great performance i amost fully switched to Affinity Publisher, but some projects i need to do in InDesign, and i cant save some jpg to the Synology NAS 923+ I can save the indd file normally, but not export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best thing you can do. To be honest, the subscription prices at Adobe are forcing you to look for new alternatives - unfortunately. But it's also getting easier for me: neither I nor our photo editor like the changed Photoshop interface. And little by little, this company is forcing us out of the customer relationship with many details. Annoying and unfortunate, but apparently intentional and unavoidable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines