Highlighted

File Size after Deleting Content

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Readers,

Apologies for the simple question, but it's one I can't seem to get my head around.

When colleagues and I do a Save As of an InDesign File and delete out a majority of the content, the file size remains almost untouched? To my knowledge there is no purge function for unused material that might be making the file so large? What is it that lingers in this file size?

It would be great to know your thougts and whether this is even the best workflow if you want to make a copy of an InDesign file but of only a few specific pages?

Many thanks in advance,

Anthony

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Regularly doing a Save As and incrementally naming (filename1a.indd, filename1b.indd and so on) is definately a good workflow, to clear out the crud that builds up.

Topics

Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File Size after Deleting Content

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Readers,

Apologies for the simple question, but it's one I can't seem to get my head around.

When colleagues and I do a Save As of an InDesign File and delete out a majority of the content, the file size remains almost untouched? To my knowledge there is no purge function for unused material that might be making the file so large? What is it that lingers in this file size?

It would be great to know your thougts and whether this is even the best workflow if you want to make a copy of an InDesign file but of only a few specific pages?

Many thanks in advance,

Anthony

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Regularly doing a Save As and incrementally naming (filename1a.indd, filename1b.indd and so on) is definately a good workflow, to clear out the crud that builds up.

Topics

Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines