Highlighted

Files Not Opening in 2020

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraed from Indesign 2019 to Indesign 2020 but all of my Indesign files are failing to open at all in any app. They aren't corrupt so I am wondering what I can do to get them to update to a new version or? I'm not sure how to finish the question but I would like to get back in to my saved indesign files.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Files Not Opening in 2020

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraed from Indesign 2019 to Indesign 2020 but all of my Indesign files are failing to open at all in any app. They aren't corrupt so I am wondering what I can do to get them to update to a new version or? I'm not sure how to finish the question but I would like to get back in to my saved indesign files.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

that's rather strange. InDesign 2020 should be able to open CC 2019 documents.

Is there an error message if you try this? How do you try to open the documents, are you using the File > File Open menu?

Any other method?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This really is an unusual behavior. In addition to what Uwe has asked earlier, would you mind sharing version of the OS? Are these file saved on a specific location?
Are you able to create new files, save & open them?

This information will help us understand the issue and work accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0