Highlighted

Filter PDF with buttons

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently creating a PDF which has various types of vehicles in it. There others three major headings being cars, motorbikes and trucks. And each type of vehicle is given its own page and data ie. Each car will have the country it is made and other specifications.

Is there a way to create a filter option so that if I click a button I create on the main page named "America",  it will display all the pages that have vehicles from America?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks,

Droggy

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Filter PDF with buttons

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently creating a PDF which has various types of vehicles in it. There others three major headings being cars, motorbikes and trucks. And each type of vehicle is given its own page and data ie. Each car will have the country it is made and other specifications.

Is there a way to create a filter option so that if I click a button I create on the main page named "America",  it will display all the pages that have vehicles from America?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks,

Droggy

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking about when the PDF file is displayed in a PDF reader? First, that's not a property of PDF display in the best of PDF readers. But PDF readers are all over the place for what they can display.

You'd be better to work in HTML where you could use scripting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You could maybe manage it with templates, BUT....... it would

A - probably be a lot of work AND

B - probably only work in Adobe Readers ( there are some others, but as mentioned above they are not consistent)

to eleaborate on A :

You would have to create all the pages in the PDF, then make each one a template in Acrobat, then add code to the drop down to add/remove tempaltes from being shown.

Regards

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about a multi-state object, it won't work in Interactive PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0