• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find/change across all Indesign documents in a folder

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi...Is there a way with InDesign 15.1.1 to find/change text in multiple documents? My situation is this: I have fifteen InDesign files in one folder in Creative Cloud. Each file is a chapter in a book. During the years I have been working on the book, I have made a list of words that have uncertain spellings, so that someday I could decide what spelling or form I want to use consistently, search for them, and make necessary changes. The list is now like 100 items long. I want to go through the list one by one and do a "find/change" for each item to make sure I am consistent. How can I do that? Thank you, TT

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Working within InDesign's feature set, yes, you need to open all the files and choose All documents in the Find/Change dialog box.

Perhaps this can be accomplished through scripting, but personally I don't have the skill set to help with that. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Check out my Batch processor script from which you can run the Find-Change by list script reworked for the batch processor.

— Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the only way to do it?: Open all 15 documents at once, and use the find/change dialog box with "All Documents" selected in Search dropdown menu? Problem is that the documents are pretty big...30-50 mb each. I suppose that's not so big...shouldn't be a problem for my machine. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working within InDesign's feature set, yes, you need to open all the files and choose All documents in the Find/Change dialog box.

Perhaps this can be accomplished through scripting, but personally I don't have the skill set to help with that. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check out my Batch processor script from which you can run the Find-Change by list script reworked for the batch processor.

— Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines