• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find/change menu not opening

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since the latest update in Indesign, i have trouble opening the submenus in the Find/change menu?

i can select by pressing the arrows (so I can´t choose between selection, all etc) - and I have to restart indesign; it´s starting to get quite annoying, do you know if there is any solution.
I have installed the newest version.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> I have installed the newest version.

This topic can be alive here by decades of years. Don't forget to say exact number of your ID version, OS version. 

>> and I have to restart indesign

Did you kill the preferences? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-weird-indesign-problems-101-error-new/td-p/1...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, but it's not quite clear to me everything that is happening. Can you also be more specific about the behavior you're seeing? Do you have to restart InDesign because the Find/Change dialog is preventing you from doing anything else in the application, or does the restart allow you to use Find/Change correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, often when i open Indesign, lots og the "drop-down" menu´s don´t work, see the attachd image, if i f.ex want to select something else in "search", i can press any dropdown menu, its the same problem for other menu, but if I then close Indesign and open again, it works fine, so yes a restart lets me us the dropdown menu´s again.

Indesign is version 16.1.

Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 19.13.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This come up with some frequency here. Start by following @Geоrge's instructions to reset preferences.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines