Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find page item that have QRCode

Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In Indesign CC we have an option to create a QR code inside a rectangle via menu Object > Generate QR code

Now I need to find page items who have QR code as its content

Can somebody guide me to find the solution?

Regards,

Alam

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Looking at how InDesign is doing it, i see that it creates an eps in a temporary folder and places it inside the rectangle. The name of the file starts with QR Code followed by something like a time stamp. On MAC a sample path that i got is given below

Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:tr:84vq58qs1yz85_cr9rq2l9kc0000gn:T:QR Code3039759965979

So you could iterate all the graphics in the document, if any of them is an eps check its path and name according to the pattern.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at how InDesign is doing it, i see that it creates an eps in a temporary folder and places it inside the rectangle. The name of the file starts with QR Code followed by something like a time stamp. On MAC a sample path that i got is given below

Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:tr:84vq58qs1yz85_cr9rq2l9kc0000gn:T:QR Code3039759965979

So you could iterate all the graphics in the document, if any of them is an eps check its path and name according to the pattern.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Manan for your quick reply I see the same thing eps file having 'QR code' a part of its name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines