Highlighted

Find white spaces before a specific character style

New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There is a space before some of the footnote refrences that has blue character style.

I don't want these spaces. How can i find and replace them with GREP and find style options?

alirezaTn_0-1588614472675.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Find white spaces before a specific character style

New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There is a space before some of the footnote refrences that has blue character style.

I don't want these spaces. How can i find and replace them with GREP and find style options?

alirezaTn_0-1588614472675.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alireza:

InDesign can locate the notes with the leading space using \K\s~F but I don't think InDesign can work with the footnote reference in the Change field. I believe you need to use a script for this. 

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alirezaTn,

are your footnote reference markers always inside of a sentence?

find

(\w)\h+(?=~F)

change

$1

If that works for you

have fun

😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines