• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Findchangebylist script doesn't recognise paragraph style

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To just list an example here, when I try to run this query, the find/change targets every paragraph style in the document, in spite of me trying to target one particular style.

text {findWhat:"2 boks", appliedParagraphStyle:"ukens_ravarer_tabbed_list"} {changeTo:"2 bokser"} {includeLockedStoriesForFind:false, includeLockedLayersForFind:false, includeHiddenLayers:false, includeMasterPages:false, includeFootnotes:false, wholeWord:true, caseSensitive:false, kanaSensitive:true, widthSensitive:true, ignoreKashidas:true, ignoreDiacritics:false, searchBackwards:false}

Does anyone see whats wrong? 
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

For using the styles inside groups see the following discussion, where I have provided a solution for this case.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/findchangebylist-local-formatting-to-a-character-style/m-p/10209022?page=1#M123378

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

For making changes in all the open documents, try this edited version of the script.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working fine for me, see this screengrab

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying to help, but it just doesnt work for me. So I guess since its not replicable, its almost impossible to find the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send across the findchangelist.txt and the indd file. I can test using them and see if I can reproduce the issue

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. The solution doesnt make sense to me, but it works. 

So what I did was moving the paragraph style in question out of a group. When its not in a group, the script only targets the style its supposed to. Guess you just cant use groups with this script. 

While I got you, do you know if there is there some simple line of code I can modify, so that the script targets all open documents (similiar to "all documents" in find/change) instead of just the one I am already in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For using the styles inside groups see the following discussion, where I have provided a solution for this case.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/findchangebylist-local-formatting-to-a-character-style/m-p/1...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For making changes in all the open documents, try this edited version of the script.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines