Highlighted

Finder window (Save As/Export, etc) show up in light color even though the system/app theme is dark

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its not a huge issue but as a designer its a little irritating. When running under the darkest theme in Illustrator and Indesign the open, save, export, and place dialogues are all in light themes even with the OS in Dark mode. All of the dialouges in Photoshop however show up dark.

{Renamed by MOD}

Having Ashtuosh (an Adobe employee) on this thread is helpful, but I recommend filing a bug report for both apps:

If you come back here and post the links, I will vote for them.

~Barb

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Finder window (Save As/Export, etc) show up in light color even though the system/app theme is dark

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its not a huge issue but as a designer its a little irritating. When running under the darkest theme in Illustrator and Indesign the open, save, export, and place dialogues are all in light themes even with the OS in Dark mode. All of the dialouges in Photoshop however show up dark.

{Renamed by MOD}

Having Ashtuosh (an Adobe employee) on this thread is helpful, but I recommend filing a bug report for both apps:

~Barb

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You can always change the color theme of InDesign under Preferences > Interface.

I have also attached a screenshot as well for reference.

Screenshot_14.png

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh:

I think the OP is pointing out that even with the dark interface selected, those four specific dialog boxes are still light. I have my Mac in dark mode as well as InDesign in dark mode and those dialog boxes don't honor it. It bothers me as well—my eyes are very sensitive to light.

in3.png

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

Thanks you so much for reaching out and highlighting this. I understand your concern but this is an expected behavior in all Adobe Applications (even with PS).

I will pass on this feedback to our Product team and you could you also post it on our UserVoice page and paste the link here, so that others can also upvote this request. 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti:

Oddly, Photoshop honors the dark interface for those dialog boxes.

ps4.png

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this, Barb. I will pass it on to our engineers to look into this. 

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines