• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding and linking text from excel to Indesign

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a catalogue of 1000 pages where I have to find product number in Indesign from excel and then put url mentioned in excel on that product number in Indesign as a hyperlink. Is there any way to do this by automation? Please help me. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are need to find script-writer and ask him (not for free) for doing script for you task.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If nobody gives you here a for free solution, you know such a script [similar one written for a client 3 years ago] already exists!

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me a link of that script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought my previous comment was clear: it's a paid script!
… Feel free to contact me in private!

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And this is not an adv.: Comrade Jedi-Fridnge is an old warrior and script-writer, you can trust him 🙂

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines