• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First InDesign disappeared, now workspace is messed up

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I'm using InDesign CC 2018, since about a week. Presumably after using an extra monitor InDesign at first seemed to have disappeared. I'm using a MacBook Pro, so in the bottom of the screen, right hand click I could summon 'show all windows'. It came out of a corner, I was able to click on it, but then it was gone again, out of my screen. Elsewhere I read I could click window > application bar and window > application bar. This helped. I got my stuff back, bars, windows etc. However now my workspace is messed up and can't find out how to fix it. I tried all the different workspaces. I tried restarting InDesign, I tried restarting computer, I even tried uninstalling InDesign en reinstalling it. Didn't help. See the pictures, I'd like it the same way I have Photoshop, with the close, minimise and maximise buttons in the left corner, so not on the document but on InDesign itself.  It may seem like a silly problem, but having it the normal way I have much more space to work. I feel I should be able to fix this myself after using InDesign for over 10 years, but this is the day I need your help, thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 10.45.23.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-12 at 11.03.30.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Hi Jolene:

You have a floating window.

1. Turn on Window > Application Frame.
  2. Then Window > Arrange > Consolidate all Windows.

And if you want to two-column toolbox like Ps click the light gray >> icon above the Selection tool.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jolene:

You have a floating window.

1. Turn on Window > Application Frame.
  2. Then Window > Arrange > Consolidate all Windows.

And if you want to two-column toolbox like Ps click the light gray >> icon above the Selection tool.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't work... Everything leaves my screen, except the toolbox... I see the other stuff when its on Window > Application Bar. Does that explain something?

The toolbox is the only thing that is the way that I want it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, update! Eventually I was able to attach my laptop to a monitor again. Like BarbBinder said put InDesign on Application Frame which now did solve everything. All is put right again, thanks BarbBinder! It does seem though I did need the monitor to solve the problem. Annoying, but good to know as it might happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you so much! I accidentally had this floating window thing as well and could not move InDesign from my laptop screen to the bigger attached screen. It is solved thanks to your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines