Fit to frame with vertical justification options

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with InDesign script I am using

TF.fit(FitOptions.frameToContent).  //TF as a textFrame

to fit the content into the text frame and remove the extra space

But when I have a condition for vertical justification options set to Align: Bottom I am not able to fit the content.

Assuming this to be my TextFrame

l6Whj

Here are the properties of the text frame

Kb63Z

When I do FitOptions.frameToContent I get this

piuaI

But when the text frame has the align property set to the bottom I want this to fit it like this(this was achieved by double-clicking on the top center alignment as shown in the red indicator below.

XPh1S

Cyf37

I tried all the available options at http://jongware.mit.edu/idcs4js/pe_FitOptions.html but I had no luck making it work. Please help me to achieve the same using scripting.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Advocate , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

I guess you have to rely on shouting out to Adobes Feature Requestpage. Im tired of reporting this. Its the same without scripting.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-26 um 09.20.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi DBLjan,

I posted a reply to the same question posted by OP in the following thread, where i suggested using AutoResize. But we could not verify if it worked or not, seemed to work for me.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/fit-to-frame-with-vertical-justification-options/td-p/11120486?page=1

Can you try and see if this can be a workaround for what is needed

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

It's not completely the same without scripting. Double-clicking the right handle manually does result in the desired effect ! So the script should indeed take a different approach and not mimic the current one size fits all behavior as used by the Frame to Content fitting option in the Properties bar.

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-28 om 10.02.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you have to rely on shouting out to Adobes Feature Requestpage. Im tired of reporting this. Its the same without scripting.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-26 um 09.20.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DBLjan,

I posted a reply to the same question posted by OP in the following thread, where i suggested using AutoResize. But we could not verify if it worked or not, seemed to work for me.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/fit-to-frame-with-vertical-justification-options/td-p/111204...

Can you try and see if this can be a workaround for what is needed

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not completely the same without scripting. Double-clicking the right handle manually does result in the desired effect ! So the script should indeed take a different approach and not mimic the current one size fits all behavior as used by the Frame to Content fitting option in the Properties bar.

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-28 om 10.02.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines