Highlighted

Fix: Indesign Hyperlink in Preview broken

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered an issue between hyperlinks using Google Drive and Preview (Mac). I initially thought the issue was with InDesign so I'm posting the fix here to help someone in the future.

My InDesign file is set up to hyperlink to a google drive or slides, google drive has generated a URL that has a "#" in it. Acrobat recognizes the "#", however Preview does not and replaces "#" with "%", URL will not work or it'll be broken from Preview. 

My hack was to use tinyurl (URL forwarding) which easily solved it. YAY,  hopeful the future person that needs this hack didn't sweat too hard in the process. To clarify, there are no spaces in my URL, but if you have a space in your URL that can cause a problem as well. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fix: Indesign Hyperlink in Preview broken

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered an issue between hyperlinks using Google Drive and Preview (Mac). I initially thought the issue was with InDesign so I'm posting the fix here to help someone in the future.

My InDesign file is set up to hyperlink to a google drive or slides, google drive has generated a URL that has a "#" in it. Acrobat recognizes the "#", however Preview does not and replaces "#" with "%", URL will not work or it'll be broken from Preview. 

My hack was to use tinyurl (URL forwarding) which easily solved it. YAY,  hopeful the future person that needs this hack didn't sweat too hard in the process. To clarify, there are no spaces in my URL, but if you have a space in your URL that can cause a problem as well. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2020 0

Have something to add?