Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed epub A3 export issue

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to create a very simple fixed epub. I created an a3 document and added some videos and gifs. When export it, some of the pages are okay but some start to differ, some are zoomed in more than others. I am using adobe digital reader. I have tried all of the spread controls and nothing seems to change?  

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe Digital Editions is garbage, especially for fixed layout epub.

For Mac / iOS / iPad OS use the books app. For all other devices, use Thorium Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thank you for the prompt reply, I really appreciate it. Seam like Thorium Reader did the trick. Just as a side question to this -  all of the pages are displayed the same size, but what if you have some larger pages, what can you do to make it display as a "Fit"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know and I would never even think to design a fixed layout epub that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to test it on the device(s) you hope to use it on. For Mac devices, Apple Books is an excellent reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@cj1995 You have some great suggestions from others and you might also try installing Calibre e-Book management (all free) on your system for viewing, editing, exporting, and converting eBooks. I set it as my default viewer in my InDesign epub export settings and it hasn't let me down yet! calibre - E-book management (calibre-ebook.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines