• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed EPUB export errors; Ingram/Spark rejects publication; TOC anchor issue

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a book layout for a customer of mine both for print and also fixed EPUB. I created the EPUB version from the print version, naturally. When my customer tried to upload the EPUB version to Ingram/Spark, he got the following error message: "(OPF-029): /323371.epub: The file "OEBPS/image/1.jpg" does not appeart to match the media type image/jpeg, as specified in the OPF file." Unfortunately, I have no idea what that means and the Igram/Spark "common errors" page did not address the issue. So I came here. Not sure if this is the right forum, but since I exported this from InDesign (newest version), I thought I'd at least check.

I also have a second problem. Upon exporting the file from InDesign, I get a multiple warnings, "TOC text anchor not found." This is strange because I double and triple-checked the Table of Contents dialog box and "Make text anchor in source paragraph" is clearly checked. What's even weirder is that the first few times I exported this file as a fixed EPUB, I did not get this error. It just started appearing, though I made no changes to the TOC.

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Were you ever able to resolve this error? I am running into the same problem on an e-pub, also exported it from the latest InDesign: 

The file 'OEBPS/image/1.jpg' does not appear to match the media type image/jpeg, as specified in the OPF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I was able to isolate the problem to the cover image. When, during the export process, I had the cover image selected as "Rasterize First Image" it would end up creating the error. Once I changed the cover image option to "Choose Image" and selected a cover image, the problem didn't appear again. Hope that was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoa amazing find. This just helped me a ton, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines