• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed layout error: RSC-005 error while parsing epub file generated from InDesign

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i am having problem in a epub, when i try to upload that epub on ingramspark, i got an error error screenshot is attached below,
i created that epub(fixed lay out) using indesign. please help me to solve this error i really appreciate your effort and time, i meat my uploading deadlines but cant fix that error,

Thanks alot 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
EPUB , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. Did you manage to fix it. I would appreciate an answer. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I am afraid, I do not have this application to test. Is pub working fine in another pub readers? You may also take a look at this similar discussion

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a fix for this problem. Hope it helps you. I made a new book (.indb) and then added all the pages into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am always able to upload my books to Apple, but not this time. Thing is, the section it's finding an error in, was not altered since last uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found how to correct this problem. I created a new book (.indb), and then added all the pages to it. Problem solved!

I hope this info helps you. It was trial and error for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the problem is with the indesign file and TOC itself, or the lack of it. 

For instance if the file originally had links to the Table of Contents but you exported it without TOC then this error will show up. In order to fix you can either redo the whole file from scratch, open new indesign and do copy and paste or when exporting indesign to epub just get TOC menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem guys. It was a [ (square bracket) accidentally inserted
when naming a photo.
Thanks for everyone help on this. My book is now online and selling.

Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Send me your manuscript 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines