• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixing fields form order to export to PDF

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating, under InDesign CC2020, a character sheet for a role play. So there are a lot of form fields for characteristics, talents, powers, etc... I made sure that the layers corresponding to each field are well ordered so that when the PDF is generated, i can jump from one field to another with the tab key and in the right order (go from fields 1 to 2, from 2 to 3, from 3 to 4, etc.).

But it doesn’t work, at least not completely. So when I export my document in PDF, the first thing I have to do is to go into "form preparation" under Acrobat DC and return all the fields of my form in the right order to this is the wound knowing that I have about sixty fields...

Is it possible to permanently set the order of the fields in InDesign ? Thanks for help and advices.

Scott

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Object > Interactive > Set Tab Order

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object > Interactive > Set Tab Order

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Jeffrey ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines