Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixing incorrect borders on existing images

Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Essentially what I am trying to do is create my own borders for images whose borders are disporportionate. Here is an example (you can see the white border if you hover the mouse over the image).

600x600bf.png

If you look at the image above, you can see the white border around it is not the same size on each side. I've tried to just create boxes, have them all be the same size, and then place them around the image, but when I export, I end up with the same problem I had despite using what I thought were equally-sized boxes all around the image.

Does anyone know of a way to ensure that I can create an equally-sized border?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

With the stroke panel, see screen shot below (in French, but you will understand…)

Capture d’écran 2020-09-16 à 20.46.10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white border is it a part of the image itself? If yes, just crop it in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"equally-sized boxes all around the image"

I'm not really sure what you're doing, but this makes it sound like you're butting 4 rectangles up against the 4 edges of the image. If I understand your objective correctly, you'd be better off using the image frame to crop out any white that is part of the image (or take jmlevy's advice and crop it off in your image editor), then assign a white (or any color) stroke to the outside of the frame. "By nature," the stroke weight will be equal on all 4 sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your ideas. How can I get the stroke to be assigned to the outside rather than the inside? I don't want it to cover up the actual image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the stroke panel, see screen shot below (in French, but you will understand…)

Capture d’écran 2020-09-16 à 20.46.10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I was very much looking to learn how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines