• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash things has been removed from In design 2020

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. flash things has been removed from Indesign 2020, so how can i export swf file from Indesign 2020. is there any substitute for exporting SWF. Thank you

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that Flash Player will be closed down by the end of 2020? You may need to find a substitute for SWF, not a way of making them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use InDesign's Publish Online, in5 or FXL ePub (all these run on HTML5, Flash is obsolete).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completely new to this but I am trying out animation in indesign now. But I really don't know which file type to export as when selecting publish online. And I have no idea what in5 is :S Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is NOT the tool for animation. Not even slightly. Even less now that you cannot use SWF files in InDesign, nor anywhere else after 3 months from now. Suggest you reconsider your plans.

Publish Online is something you export to directly. See https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/using/publish-online.html

in5 is a commercial add-on. Google will find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I found IN5 and see it is quite expencive. I will check out the other parts of my adobe pack if there are options already included. It is just for simple banner ads with a little animation, so nothing advanced. That is why I thought about using indesign initially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abolutely not for InDesign. Not for banner ads, not for animation.

Since SWF is going away the only format for simple animation on a web site now is GIF.  One tool that can make animated GIF (a special kind of GIF) is Photoshop, which is often the preferred choice for web banners too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF is dead. What exactly do you need and maybe we can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to make swf file from indesign with interactive buttons. than k u for reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install 2019 version in parallel to 2020 and do that "dirty" things.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i want to make swf file from indesign with interactive buttons. than k u for reply" That may be what you want, but you need to change your plan today. Flash Player is going away FOREVER in less than a year. SWF is really, really dead, and that is why InDesign stopped making it. (Imagine if it still made a PDF and suddenly at the end of this year all your work stopped without warning!) No, give up SWF completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those who have the Creative Cloud Suite and want to produce animations for things like social media ads etc, should have a look at Adobe Animate, After Effects and Premiere. For animations in documents try InDesign's Publish Online or (at extra cost) the InDesign plugin, in5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines