• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flowing reverse type into normal type

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I automatically flow reverse text (white text on solid colour background) from one page to another text box on the next page so that it shows as normal text (black type on white background) ?

It has to auto-update so the reverse type flows into the next text box and becomes normal text.

Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 6.07.08 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

I know exactly what you want because I had wanted this many times.

There may be better ways to do this now, but this is a jerry-rigged/tricky way I got it to work for me a few years ago:

Create two Object Styles for your text frames; one for the normal positive text, and a second one for the reverse text.

In the second one's Style Options, change Transparecy Effect for Text to Inner Glow with White as the color*, and adjust the size and choke to fill the characters, depending on your text size.

(*

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the answer I'm looking for, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know exactly what you want because I had wanted this many times.

There may be better ways to do this now, but this is a jerry-rigged/tricky way I got it to work for me a few years ago:

Create two Object Styles for your text frames; one for the normal positive text, and a second one for the reverse text.

In the second one's Style Options, change Transparecy Effect for Text to Inner Glow with White as the color*, and adjust the size and choke to fill the characters, depending on your text size.

(*Should work with other colors than White)

Attached is an example I just did up to show how it worked.

In my case, I defined the second text frame style with the blue background as part of it, but it can just as well be filled with None and the placed over top of any background, be it a colour OR photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks, this work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. I can't guarantee it works properly at print time, so take this with a grain of salt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here’s another option—a rectangle filled with white or [Paper] set behind the text frames, and the knockout text frame filled with a color with the Text transparency set to Lighten and Knockout Group checked:

Screen Shot 27.png

Screen Shot 28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines